Friday 20 September 2013

Flash Fiction Friday #80

Hello and welcome to this week's Flash Fiction Friday! One picture to be shared by several authors and only 100 words each to create an impact. Here's mine:




                                                                      Stockvault


Bethany hung her head and tried to concentrate. This would be her 2nd attempt to get this right. She knew she could do this but it would take everything she had. She had trained all week and knew every single step as she should but still her heart beat loudly behind her ribcage. The music began and Bethany took her place at the side of the stage. Then she was on, rushing past the excited faces of the audience. With a glance at the blue bear to her left she started, head and shoulders knees and toes…
***********

                Sorry but I couldn't resist! Thank you for stopping by, please leave a comment. To read the other authors contributions please click on the link below:





12 comments:

  1. Gemma, your words flowed smoothly and precise. Who is the blue bear? It gives me food to think or maybe it's a reference I never heard before. I give you An eleven out of a score of ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and very humorous flash, Gemma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Oh this is fab! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Pablo, you got me here. Blue Bear? I never took dance lessons, but I know this reference "...head and shoulders knees and toes…" In spite of my lack of erudite finesse, I love this. Beautifully crafted, well-paced and above all touching. Fabulous:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so funny, Gemma! I love your humor! Blue bear? I giggled at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you got me. I thought it was going to be a difficult lift (like in Dirty Dancing) Great flasher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lolol I love that rhyme. Made me really giggle, thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone! The picture looked so sad that my wicked humour took over! Blue bear? No idea, just looking for a dressed up character and I pictured him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taking her back in the day...cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and playful. I love the bouncy feel to it. Great flash!

    ReplyDelete