Sunday 2 November 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors #89



    Hi and welcome to this week's Eight sentences. Today, because we've just had Halloween, I am sharing eight from a spooky story I wrote for inclusion in 'The House of Erotica's anthology 'Witching Hour'  My story is called 'Hidden From View:                            


                                                              MY EIGHT:

 It was impossible to make out anything other than dark clothing on the short ride there so Sophie leaned into Liam just happy to be going somewhere special.
Liam paid the cab driver when they arrived and they started walking up the driveway which was lit up with ghoulish lanterns of red and green. Paper pumpkins hung from a small apple tree not far from the front door. The house looked dark as they approached and fake cobwebs hung across the door frame. When Sophie rang the doorbell a howling wolf could be heard from inside and the red outline of a skull lit up in the front window.
Camilla opened the door wearing a black furry cat suit, her figure accentuated by the tight fabric. Whiskers had been carefully drawn onto her face and she wore furry ears on top of her head.
“Hi!” she beamed, “Come on in!”

                                   *********************** 
Buy Link 

Thank you for stopping by, please leave a comment! To visit the other amazing authors taking part today please click on the link below:

16 comments:

  1. Purrfect description of the night, decorations and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic visual! I could see it so clearly. :) Tweeted your snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great story for the Halloween season. Nice descriptions of Camilla's costume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set up. Time to PARTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really a great excerpt for Halloween and I could totally visualize the decorations from your description. Can't wait for the party to start now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh a fun Halloween party! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I sense some tension brewing in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the skin-tight cat costume, a popular choice for women of a certain character. Makes me wonder if she's going to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! That's my favourite Halloween costume! Maybe I should rethink ;)

      Delete
  9. Wonderful description, Gemma. Very visual. Why am I nervous for her??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! I am glad you feel nervous...!

      Delete
  10. This made me wish I had gone to a Halloween party..great description...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of description. Could very easily picture the whole scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I bet things are going to get playful quickly! Great description.
    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments, so glad that you enjoyed my snippet!

    ReplyDelete