Sunday 7 June 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #115

 

Hi and welcome to this week's eight sentences. 
I'm continuing with the next eight from 'Dancing for the Boys' enjoy!:                                           
   MY EIGHT
 


James showed Tanya a door at the side of the stage that led to a large cupboard space. She was to wait in there until he introduced her then come out to perform her act as he had seen her do many times before.
“You have half an hour before we begin,” he said softly, “Now if you’ll excuse me I need to get changed.”
Tanya walked back across the stage to examine the pole, it was perfect. Clearly James had done his homework.
Satisfied, she headed for the small room and took several items from her bag. These were wipes designed to form a barrier on the pole to stop her sliding down when she didn’t want to and also a small tube of her favourite hand cream. This would stop her hands from sweating while she went through her moves. 


                    **********************                    
                                                                                              
Thank you for stopping by, please leave a comment. To visit the other authors taking part today, please click on the link below:



Who doesn’t love to dance? Who doesn’t love to tease the men watching, willing them to notice and lust after your body? What would you do if you were given the chance to perform before a group of appreciative gentlemen for a large amount of money? The latest release from the pen of Gemma Parkes combines two stories of exotic dancing and what it means to two women when they truly perform.

 Buy Links:

Video link:
http://youtu.be/rjXsx_ik9-4


                               


8 comments:

  1. I hope all her prep work pays off when she steps out to do her thing. Nice narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she's very professional about this. And I bet it pays off! Nice 8!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemma, you write so beautifully. I'm in the room with her as she prepares to perform. What a picture you've painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemma, I like how you've had Tanya move past her unease to "get to work"; we as readers know that she can't have completely forgotten everything, but we're waiting... on the edge our seats to see how it's reintroduced. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering if she'll be dancing for him alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the tension is building for me, I'll tell you that LOL! I still don't quite trust this guy...excellent excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweaty hands would not be a good thing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Veronica. Not sure I trust him. I hope it all works out.

    Your snippet is interesting, Gemma! I never knew any of the necessities for pole dancing. :-)

    ReplyDelete